Well Carter finally had his two month well check with the doctor this past Thursday. (It was about 3 weeks late due to having RSV, which by the way he is cleared of and feeling much better.) Heading into the appointment I think I was much more nervous than Carter was since I knew he would be getting his shots. Carter was actually in good spirits as we sat in the waiting room. He even did great being measured and weighed, usually he cries even at these activities. Dr. B came in and checked him out, commented on how strong the little guy is, and then humored me by answering my list of questions. Then it came time for his vaccinations, one oral and one in each leg. Carter was having a great time lying on the table. When he felt the first prick, he looked alarmed and the bottom lip began to protrude. Then the second one came and his face turned Cardinal red. The nurse quickly scooped him up and handed him over to me. He maybe cried/whimpered for 30 seconds and then was fine. By the time we left I guess he was so exhausted that he went straight to sleep in the car. The rest of the afternoon was okay. He was a little fussier than normal. On the plus side he slept 11 hours straight last night and woke up in a good mood, so all is well again!
2 month Measurements:
weight - 10 lb 6.6 oz
height - 22 inches
head circumference - 40 cm
 |
| Playing in the waiting room |
 |
| Love those big eyes |
 |
| Look at my owies |
Some other fun tidbits about our little guy this past month that we don't want to forget.
* first smile
* coos
* first giggle
* holds his head up
* pushes himself up when on his tummy
* kicks during bath time
* loves getting diaper cream put on him
* changing table talks
* beginning to sleep through the night
awe!! I need to come visit soon!
ReplyDeleteYou should! You're welcome anytime. Infact my mom is down here now and she just commented how she should have asked you to come with her.
DeleteSHE SHOULD OF!!!! lol. I actually I am planning on coming down in the spring and want to talk to you about that soon!!
DeletePlease do! You're more than welcome to visit and stay with us. Let me know what dates you're thinking. There's a week in March and 2 in April that we have things going on.
Delete