Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Birthday Day

Last Wednesday was Carter's first birthday.  His birthday present to me was sleeping in until 7:30. Yay!  I went upstairs, opened the door, and sang "Happy Birthday" to my baby.  (I mean one year old.)  I think he knew something was up because he had the cutest facial expressions that morning.

Rise and Shine birthday boy
Love that bottom lip!
Carter enjoyed his birthday breakfast, strawberries and pancakes. Yum!  And then we headed off to a friend's house so that I could shower, because our hot water heater went out.  Carter enjoyed it though because then he got to play with his friend Eleanor.  Eleanor even sang Carter "Happy Birthday" which he loved!


We then came back to the house and I laid Carter down for a nap.  After he woke up we got in the car and headed to the airport to pick up Grammie and Grandpa.  We picked them up and on our way home we stopped and got a bite to eat.  Once we were back home we all hung out for a little bit and then put the little man down for a nap.  Kurt came home early that evening and once Carter woke up we celebrated his birthday with presents and Skyping lots of family.   Carter received several cards in the mail, which he loved "reading".  The best card came from his great grandma who stuffed it with some balloons.  He also opened his present from mommy and daddy which was a new car.  He thinks he's hot stuff in his new wheels. 


Walking with Grandpa
Skyping with Papa and Gigi     




Thanks Great Grandma!  I love my balloons.


Impressive

Ready, Set, Go!

That evening we all ate dinner together and then sang "Happy Birthday" to the big one year old.  He loved being sung to.  However, he did not like his cupcake.  For the past week Carter has not had much of an appetite and has not been interested in food as of late.  When we presented him with his cupcake he looked at it unimpressed.  It was clear that he was not interested in trying this new thing in front of him.  We tried everything, letting him play with the cupcake and frosting, putting a taste on his lips.  It didn't matter, he was not happy and did not want it.  These two parents were totally disappointed!  We have leftover cupcakes so we will have to give it another go.




Totally disgusted
After dinner, it was bathtime and bedtime.  Lots of love and hugs for our new one year old.  Overall I would say the day was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment