| The birthday boy |
This past weekend we traveled to New Orleans to celebrate our sweet nephew Jude's first birthday. I can't believe this little guy is one year old! Jude and Carter are about 3 months apart, so I can only imagine the stuff they will get into and do as they get older. :)
We drove down Friday evening after Kurt came home from work. Carter did pretty well on the ride down and slept a good chunk of it since it was during bedtime. When we arrived around 10:30, Carter had other ideas about going to sleep and decided that he needed to stay awake to play and talk until almost 1:30. According to him the party had already started.
Saturday was the big party. Jack, Sally, Kurt, and I helped Brent and Melanie get ready for the big day by prepping the house with decorations and making the cake. The guests arrived around 4. All the little nieces and nephews ran back and forth between inside and outside. There were party hats, glasses, punching balloons, and a pinata for all to enjoy. Then all the little ones "helped" Melanie open Jude's presents in a matter of minutes. Jude received all toys, not a single piece of clothing. The next part was the cake. After an enlightening round of "Happy Birthday", baby Jude had his first bites of cake and ice cream. Like most babies, he enjoyed playing in the cake more than eating it. The party was a success.
| Pre-party fun |
| Party Hats! |
| Silly glasses |
Old Man Carter![]() |
![]() |
| Getting ready for his cake |
On Sunday, we all took a brunch cruise on Steamboat Natchez. We are seated right by the band so had great music to listen to and yummy food to eat. It was raining that day but we still enjoyed our time on the boat. That evening we decided to give the boys a bath together. I think they loved it. Carter did his thing and just sat like he always does and Jude was a little busy body checking everything out. After the boys went to bed, Brent, Melanie, Kurt, and I enjoyed a delicious dinner and just hanging out with each other, laughing and making fun of each other.
| Breakfast with Grammie before the boat ride |
| Playtime with Jude's new toys |
| More playing (I think) |
| Going for a ride in Jude's new wagon |
| Bath time fun! |
| Naked babies! |
| Love those cute tooshies |
Monday, Kurt, Carter, and I hung out with Brent and Jude for a little while and then headed back to Houston late afternoon. Having learned that Carter did not want to go to sleep when we arrived in NOLA, we had decided that when we got back to Houston, we would let him play and move around for a little while before going to bed. I think it worked. All in all, we had a fabulous time!


No comments:
Post a Comment